Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blue With Silver Stars

Hey Everyone,

So last night I had my niece over and we had a little fun with our nails. At least, mostly. I got a little frustrated with the stamper last night because some of the stamps just didn't want to work. I tried the peacock, the lady bug, and the spider, and the spider web. It seems that I can't get the thin parts of them to pick up at all. I tried thick and thin polishes and non of them worked. Keep in mind that this is the Bundle Monster set and not Konad brand. Below are the plates I tried to use and which ones I had a hard time working with.

I just bought some real Konad brand plates last night so we will see how much better they work. I will post when I get them and do some designs as well. I also bought a set of plates that apparently almost exactly match Konad.

My nails turned out pretty decent. This is only my second time doing my nails so they are a bit rough, but I love out the light silver turned out. It is subtle and pretty. My niece's nails are also below. Sorry for the nail polish that is on the skin :) I was getting really sleeping and a little careless towards the end of the night. Lol.

Both hands, the base coats are Jordana brand and both of the stamps are Jordana brand as well. I was considering buying the Konad brand nail polish, but I was reading on other peoples blogs that it took forever to dry. I just don't have the patience to sit around waiting for my nails to dry sometimes, so I think I am going to stick with my polish.

I also came across another method of stamping yesterday while I was reading. One lady says she just pushes straight down on the plate with her stamping instead of doing the rolling motion, and she says that works better for her. Remember if trying this though, not to push too hard. I tried it last night and I think I prefer the rolling motion. Go ahead and comment if you have any tips.

I think that is it for now. Hope this was helpful.




No comments:

Post a Comment