Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stars On Red

Hey Guys,

So I was messing with my nails last night and I was going to do a stamp over this really cute turquoise color, but I ended up messing up so I went to remove all the nail polish, and found that my acrylic nails now have a yellow tint to them. Yuck. So now I HAVE to have nail polish on them until I go get them done again which isn't for another 2 weeks!

Anyway, I took off the nail polish and just put two clear coats on for protection and then went to bed. This morning I woke up and did a coat of dark red on my nails and then did the stamping system. I used some stars and white nail polish. They didn't turn out as great looking as I would have hoped, but I am getting the hang of it. My white nail polish just so happened to be one of the design type brushes so it was really skinny which really helped with touch ups. I found that I was having difficulties getting all the points of all the stars to imprint on the stamp. I tried using more pressure, less pressure, it is going to take some getting used to.

Also, I know that a lot of places say that you should clean the plate after every stamp, but I found that as long as you are doing it quickly, you only have to clean them after every 2 or 3 times. Just don't let that nail polish get the chance to dry. Some tips that I have found around the internet that have helped me so far are below as well as a picture of my nails today. I think I will be changing them again today when I get home but I am loving them for now.

On a less positive note, since I am using the Bunddle Monster Plates (which aren't actually Konad,)last night I tried using the pattern for all over the nail, but I found that my nails are just too big for the stamp to cover all of it. Most of them can't really be layered or put side by side nicely so I think the only way I am going to be able to use those is if I use them as tips...or maybe try putting a stripe down the center to cover the seam... I guess I will just have to experiment. If you have any tips, please comment. I just went ahead and ordered some real Konad brand plates that have the pattern for all over the nail. Lets see if those are bigger.

Tips From The Internet:
1. Remove the plastic cover. Surprising, but many people forget about this and then just can't get the stamp to work. Go figure.

2. If you are having a hard time with the stamp not picking up the image, try removing the rubber stamp from the holder (don't worry, you won't ruin it the center is hollow) and needing it with your thumb (just the top part not the indented side) you can even try rolling it through your hands. The heat from your hands will help make the rubber not so hard and it will mold to the plate and your nails better.

3. Use thicker nail polishes. If the polish is too thin, it won't stamp correctly. If you can't afford to go buy a bunch of new nail polish, leave it sitting out for a while to thicken up. You can also try going to your local nail salon and seeing if they have any older nail polish that they could sell you at a discounted price.

4. I am finding that my scraper that came with the stamp works fine, but some people prefer using an old credit card.

That's it for now. I will probably post again tomorrow. Hope this was helpful.

Iesha

No comments:

Post a Comment